Description: Stimulates the renewal of skin. Eliminates existing melanin and inhibits the formation of new ones. Treats and reduce severe hyperpigmentation.
Usage: Apply to treated areas once or twice daily after cleansing and toning or as directed by a physician.
Note: The product must be kept at a low temperature during storage.
- Hydroxyquinon 2%: strong inhibitor of melanin production that has long been established as the most effective ingredient for reducing and potentially eliminating brown spots and hyperpigmentation from melasma, meaning that it prevents skin from making the substance responsible for skin color.
- Alpha-arbutin 3%: promotes skin lightening by blocking melanin synthesis by tyrosinase. A natural plant-based derivative of hydroquinone.
- Vitamin C 20%: water-soluble vitamin that is considered a potent antioxidant for skin. It has been shown to increase collagen production (including dermal collagen, which is significant for wrinkle reduction), reduce the appearance of skin discolorations, strengthen skin’s barrier response, enhance skin’s repair process, reduce inflammation, and help skin better withstand exposure to sunlight, whether protected by sunscreen or not. Vitamin C is an excellent ingredient to include in your skin-care routine, particularly if signs of aging.
- Kojic acid: 1%: by-product of the fermentation process of malting rice for use in the manufacture of sake, Japanese rice wine. Kojic acid is a Skin brightener that works by inhibiting tyrosinase-facilitated melanin production.
- Niacinamide 5%: also known as vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid, niacinamide is a potent cell-communicating ingredient that offers multiple benefits for aging skin. Topically applied niacinamide has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin, prevent skin from losing water content, and stimulate microcirculation in the dermis. It also has a growing reputation for being able to treat an uneven skin tone and to mitigate acne and the red marks it leaves behind (known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). It is an excellent ingredient for those struggling with wrinkles and breakouts. Niacinamide is stable in the presence of heat and light.